Search Pin Me Up Ashley

Nicki Rocks LARUICCI!

"That was the warm up, this is the blow up!" Check out my FAVORITE jewelry designer LARUICCI worn by the one and only Nicki Minaj in the latest issue Allure Magazine!


Gold & Crystal Necklace and Bracelet (right arm) LARUICCI

For exclusives on LARUICCI, like her on Facebook!




(Nicki Minaj Interview by Kate Sullivan)

Maybe because she was trained as an actress, 26 year old rapper nicki minaj likes to create multiple characters in her act. For the sake of clarity, though, we talked to the one she calls Nicki.

Do your alter egos have their own styles?
"They definitely do. Martha’s an older lady in her 60s or 50s. The nerdy look I did in my Saturday Night Live sketch was Dexter. I haven’t unveiled Roman yet, I can't wait to show everyone what he looks like! I think that my more flamboyant stuff is definitely not Nicki—it’s basically Roman in drag."

You went to LaGuardia Arts High School of Fame fame for acting, how did you end up in music?
"Because it was easier to do on my own terms. With acting auditions, you have to be mentally prepared for constant rejection. I don’t think I was mature enough [for that]. With music, it was like everyone around me was doing it, so that was an easy transition."

Do you have any beauty icons?
"I love Cyndi Lauper’s style. I remember watching her as a kid and thinking, I don’t know who this is, but I want to hang out with her. Her style looked like a piece of art to me."

You’ve been called the new queen of hip hop by Rolling Stone, and your album, Pink Friday, topping the charts. Pressure?
"A lot of people don’t treat me like a new artist, even though this is only my first albulm. It takes a lot out of me. But I would defintely rather people have high expectations that the opposite. Until maybe nine months ago, I was underestimated my whole life."

No comments:

Post a Comment